Phillip Island Wine, Wildlife & Penguins Tour
Journey with the locals down to Phillip Island for an all-inclusive Day Tour from Melbourne; where a day of delicious food, sumptuous wine, breath-taking coastal scenery, and native Australian animals await. Including of course our visit to the famed Phillip Island Penguin Parade at Sunset.
- Entry to the internationally acclaimed Phillip Island Penguin Parade at sunset, to see 1000’s of little Penguins waddle back home.
- Indulge in a delicious Gourmet Winery Feast, consisting of mouth-watering woodfired pizzas, sea-salted fries, and gourmet salads.
- A guided cellar-door Wine Tasting experience at the Phillip Island Winery with an accompanying gourmet Grazing Platter
- Our Golden Hour Experience at the Nobbies & Seal Rock with Scenic Views and one-of-a-kind wildlife boardwalk.
- Time in the sea-side village of Cowes, with time to relax, shop, eat, or drink. OR and optional visit to the Koala Conservation Reserve, where you will be guaranteed to spot the cute Koalas in their trees along the bus-boardwalk.
- Spot native wildlife in their natural habitat on the back-roads of Phillip Island. You are guaranteed to see an array of wildlife here, including Wallabies, Grey Geese and plenty more.
- Enjoy the peace of mind of having your own Guaranteed Window Seat per booker, so you can relax in comfort on your journey.
- Journey on our Luxury Midi-Bus, escorted the whole way by our fun and friendly local guide who will provide authentic local insight and information.
- Entry to Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Cellar Door Wine Tasting & Grazing Platter at the Phillip Island Winery
- Gourmet Winery Grazing Feast of Woodfired Pizzas, Fries, and Salads (Dinner)
- Nobbies Golden Hour Experience & Scenic Wildlife Boardwalk
- Convenient Pickup from Melbourne, at the Melbourne Arts Centre
- Travel in our Luxury Midi-Coach, with your Guaranteed Window Seat
- Escorted by your friendly, local guide.
- All Taxes and Fees
- Penguin Plus +$45pp
- Koala Conservation Reserve +$15pp*
- Gratuities and Extras
Experience the most immersive and relaxed-pace tour of Phillip Island from Melbourne, on our all-inclusive full day tour, where you will indulge in a gourmet winery feast (dinner); savour the local wines in a guided wine tasting; marvel at the untapped scenic beauty of Millowl (Phillip Island); relax & explore in the main township, in its shops and its beaches; see native Australian wildlife in abundance; and finish by watching 1000’s of Little Penguins waddle up the beach at Sunset.
All of this whilst being escorted by our fun and friendly local guide, who will provide you with an authentic local insight and curated information as to what makes Phillip Island a truly special place.
Relax in comfort on board our luxury midi-coach, with our window seat guarantee, allowing you perfect viewing of the unfolding spectacular scenery that awaits you.
Adult (18+) $235pp
Child (2-17) $185pp
Departure Time & Pickup Location
Arrive at least 10 minutes PRIOR to your pickup time.
CLICK HERE TO SEE YOUR PICKUP LOCATION
SUMMER SEASON (Nov – Mar)
12.30pm – Melbourne: Arts Centre (100 St Kilda Road) – outside the big spire.
WINTER SEASON (Apr – Oct)
10.00am – Melbourne: Arts Centre (100 St Kilda Road) – outside the big spire.
This is a full-day bus tour, and we will be returning late at night.
Throughout the Sumer Period, we will arrive back to Melbourne between 10pm and 12am.
Between the Winter Periods, we will arrive back between 8pm and 10pm.
Number of Passengers on Board
We like to keep our groups at an easy to manage size – for both your enjoyment…and ours too. You can expect between 6-15 people on board our luxury midi bus.
What to Bring
- Something for the journey – ie. snacks, a book etc.
You will see some great sights, coupled with some great local commentary along the way, however The Island is 2 hours from Melbourne each way, so there will be time to do your own thing
- Something Warm – even during the Summer it DOES GET COLD at the Penguins. Please bring appropriate clothing. If it is due to rain, we suggest an umbrella/rain jacket as well.
- Bathers and Towel (optional) – there will be a chance to swim at Cowes if you wish. Please ensure you bring proper bathers, towel and a change of clothes as you will not be allowed on the bus wet or sandy.
- Extra Purchase Money – we will provide you with a delicious ‘late lunch’, however you might like to purchase something more for dinner, or more drinks at either Cowes or the Penguins Centre
Cancellation & Refunds
If we must cancel a tour ( ie. covid restrictions, lack of numbers) then you will be provided with the option for a:
- Full Refund
- Full Tour Credit
- Transfer of Tour Date
If you cancel a tour, the following conditions apply:
- 24+ Hours- Full Refund Provided
- Within 24 Hours- No Refund/Credit Provided
We reserve the right to make any necessary changes either before or on the day to the itinerary that we deem necessary to ensure both passenger safety & enjoyment, and to ensure the tour is able to proceed. This includes, but not limited to, changes required to be made due to situations out of our control and changes that need to be made due to closure or unavailability of venues.
See What Our Past Travellers Are Saying
We pickup & return at the Melbourne – Arts Centre at 100R St Kilda Road, Melbourne.
This is easy access by
Train – get off at Flinders St Station and walk south over the Princess St Bridge
Tram – most trams will stop at the Arts Centre Stop OR at Fed Square.
City Hotels – the Arts Centre is very centrally located to the Centre of Melbourne, and as such, very easy to access from most Melbourne hotels and accommodations
For our Melbourne Pickup, we do not offer Hotel Pickups – the reason for this is that this tour departs in the early afternoon, which generally means most people are out and about already. Plus, being such a central location, the Arts Centre is a enjoyable and practical meeting place.
At the end of the night, if we are able to do so, and if your hotel is within the Melbourne CBD, we may be able to drop you off here.
Please request this, and let us know of your hotel when booking.
As the time that the penguins arrive on the beach changes significantly during the year, our return time to Melbourne also varies significantly.
On an indicative basis, this tour returns to Melbourne at approximately the following times:
- Nov – Feb: midnight
- March: 11:00 PM
- April: 10:00 PM
- May – Aug: 9:00 PM
- September: 9:30 PM
- October: 10:30 PM
Whether you are a single traveller, a couple, or a small group, we guarantee you are going to enjoy yourself on our Phillip Island Tour.
We include a delicious gourmet grazing platter on this tour to accompany our wine tasting.
As well as a sumptuous Winery Grazing Feast complete with mouth-watering wood-fired pizzas, sea-salter fries, and gourmet salads.
All we ask is that you let us know of these upon booking or PRIOR TO THE DAY OF TOUR so we can ensure we have time to prepare.
During the summer – sure thing!
Depending on the time of year, you will have close to two hours at Cowes to explore, and most certainly take a swim in the beautiful clear waters.
If you ARE planning to swim, please ensure you bring bather, a change of clothes, and a towel.
You will need to be dry and de-sanded prior to getting back on board.
There are changing facilities and showers near the beach.
The Penguins arent afraid of the rain, and neither are we!
At the Penguins, there is limited shelter once you are out on the boardwalk, so we suggest a raincoat/umbrella for this part of the tour.
Payment is due at the time of booking in order to confirm your booking.
If we, for some reason, can’t travel on the day then we will offer you a choice of the following…
- Full Refund
- Full Tour Credit
- Transfer of Tour Date
If a you cancel a tour, the following conditions apply:
- 24+ Hours – Full Refund Provided
- Within 24 hours of Departure – No refund.
We don’t like to include any hidden fees or hidden additional charges on the day.
The price you see here is all that you need to pay.
PRIVATE GROUP TOURS
Get your group together, and let us treat you to a day out!
You Choose the Date || You Choose Your Pickup Location || Just you (and your friends) on board!
Minimum Group Number = 8 Travellers
” a Must Do Tour whilst you are in Melbourne – this tour has it all!”
A Phillip Island Penguin Parade Tour that has it all – Wine, Wildlife, Food, and Penguins!
Journey with us onto picturesque Phillip Island, as you enjoy an evening of delicious food from a local winery; sample some of the regions best wines; explore the beaches and native wildlife retreats; watch the sunset with Sparkling Wine; and of course, watch the world-famed Penguin Parade.
We include a pickup in our Luxury Midi Coach from Melbourne, OR if you are staying on Phillip Island (or San Remo) you can join us on this tour with a pickup from your accommodation.
On this all inclusive day (and night) out, you will experience the best that Phillip Island has to offer! Multiple wine stops will ensure you don’t get too thirsty. Some down time to explore the seaside coastal town of Cowes will allow you time to kick back and relax, should you wish. And of course entry to the Penguin Parade at sunset, being a perfect end to a perfect day – this tour will have you wanting for nothing more.
Enjoy the journey back to Melbourne, knowing that you’ve just experienced what some are calling the “best tour ever!”
All this, whilst being escorted by our fun and friendly local guide, who will be with you every step of the way.
Here at TOUR LOCAL we are…
- Family Owned & Operated – we are locals to Phillip Island and the wider Gippsland Region
- Experienced at what we do – with over 14 years in business, and a wealth of touring knowledge and expertise, you know you are in good hands
- Proud of our Fleet – your comfort and safety is our number one priority, so we ensure we only tour in the best buses going around
- Highly Awarded & Nationally Acclaimed – having won multiple awards, and been recognised at a national level
- Here for you – at the end of the day, your enjoyment is what we are here for; we are all about helping to create engaging, enjoyable, and memorable experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.
Travel in Style
With our fleet of luxury vans & midi coaches, you know that when you are on a Melbourne bus tour with us, it’ll be one of comfort, style, and safety.
And of course, one of fun…as each one of our buses comes paired with one of our friendly and experienced Driver-Guides!