South Gippsland Food & Wine Tour
“a ‘meet-the-maker’ experience”
Are you ready to go where the locals go?
Journey with us on a memorable day out, as we show you why the South Gippsland region is fast becoming known for its boutique wineries, small-batch craft breweries, world-class cheese dairies, and the overall charm and authenticity that its people possess.
On this ‘meet-the-maker’ tour, you will taste the finest food & wine that the famed Gippsland region has to offer, whilst meeting the very growers who have poured their passion into every bottle, and onto every plate.
Departing from Melbourne, you will be immersed into your journey right away as you are greeted by your friendly Tour Local Guide, board our luxury midi-bus, and meet your fellow travellers … let the fun begin!
Highlights & Inclusions
THIS IS AN ALL-INCLUSIVE TOUR: All our tastings, grazing platters, and lunch is included in your per person cost.
☀ Start your day with time to explore the beautiful village of Loch
☀ Premium “pick your own” wine tasting at the Gippsland Wine Company – with a “meet-the-maker” experience
☀ Gourmet Cheese Tasting platters to go with your wine at the Gippsland Wine Company
☀ Mouth-watering Woodfired Pizza Lunch at the Burra Brewery
☀ Generous Tasting Paddle of Beer or Cider at the Burra Brewery – with a “meet-the-maker” experience
☀ Wine Tasting at the Bar & Cured Meat Grazing Platter at djinta djinta Estate – with a “meet-the-maker” experience
☀ A special wine tasting with absolute stunning views over the Westernport Bay to finish the day – with a “meet-the-maker” experience
☀ Travel through the hinterland of beautiful South Gippsland, marvelling in its rolling green hills and sparkling blue waters
☀ Escorted the entire way by our fun and friendly tour leader, in our luxury midi-bus.
☀ Donation on your behalf to Greening Australia – as part of our Tours for Trees initiative!
See What Our Past Travellers Are Saying
Meet us at your designated Pickup Location – your memorable tour is about to begin!
We believe that the journey is half the fun – and as such we like to practice what we preach.
Whilst we make our way down into South Gippsland, and into our first stop, we will do the following:
- You will become acquainted with your friendly driver – this will be the person responsible for ensuring your day goes to plan, that you are well looked after, and that you get home safely at the end of the day…we suggest you be nice to them 😉
- You will get a rundown of the day – don’t worry, we will remind you of the important things that you need to remember as the day goes on.
- You will be met with some amazing views
- You will have time to relax into the day – simply sit back and relax, one of the best things about today is that you don’t have to worry about a thing…let us do that for you. Chances are you’ll also hear some hilarious jokes (or absolutely horrendous… depending on your driver); sing along to some great tunes; and kick off the good times before we even arrive at our first stop.
Our first stop for the day is in at the charming South Gippsland Village of Loch. Our time here will depend on what time we arrive, but we assure you, no time is ever enough in this beautiful little hillside town.
We love starting the day here, as it allows you a chance to…
- Grab a coffee from one of the many amazing cafe’s.
- Browse some of the boutique country stores
- Simply breath in the fresh air, and relax, before we really kick into the day.
Our first winery for the day, and always a popular one – the Gippsland Wine Company!
Here we are given a taste of not just the award winning, cool-climate single vineyard wine; but also a taste as to what makes the South Gippsland Wine Region truly unique – it’s authenticity.
Mark, the owner and chief wine-o here, gives us a first hand look and an in-depth taste into his livelihood and his passion.
Accompanied with the wine is a taste of some of the finest cheese in Australia, grown right down the road at Prom Country Cheese.
Walking into the Burra Brewery here in Korumburra could relax even the most hardened of souls.
With a great atmosphere and relaxing vibes, our time here is well spent enjoying the locals brews made right here on site.
Complete with some absolutely delicious wood-fired pizzas our stop here will definitely be an enjoyable one.
Heading down the hill, we arrive into Harman Wines. Another of Gippsland authentic, family operated wineries, our experience here is like no other, as we indulge in some more of Gippsland finest wines whilst savouring the tastes from a freshly made, locally sourced, grazing platter.
To get to our last stop, we take the scenic route right through the South Gippsland Hills – and what lays before us is simply breathtaking.
We will play some classic tunes to pass the time, before arriving into Gurdies Winery, directly overlooking the vineyard and Western Port Bay!
It’s a sight to behold here, as we soak in the views, and soak in our last drop of fine wine before we depart.
Alas, all good things must come to an end.
We will probably make at least one stop in at a Maccas or similar on our return – as after all that wine, sometimes this is needed.
However, don’t think that the return journey will just be a boring drive home, we definitely do make the most of last bits of time together.
Sing along to some tunes, update “the gram”, or share some more good times with your ‘tour friends’.
We will get you back to your pickup location safe and sound.
We expect to be departing South Gippsland at approx 4.30pm
PRIVATE GROUP TOURS
Get your group together, and let us treat you to a day out!
You Choose the Date || You Choose Your Pickup Location || Just you (and your friends) on board!
Minimum Group Number = 6 Travellers
Trust us, it’s worth it!
This is a full day bus tour, approx 9 hours. If you are making dinner plans in the city, we suggest no earlier than 6.00pm
Departure Time & Location
9.00am Melbourne: Arts Centre (100 St Kilda Road) – outside the big spire.
CLICK HERE to see on the map
DO YOU LIVE IN THE SOUTH EAST SUBURBS?
We can also pickup at Berwick Springs Hotel – please talk to us about adding in this as a stop.
Number of Passengers
We like to keep our groups at an easy to manage size – for both your enjoyment…and ours too. You can expect between 6-15 people on board.
What to Bring
Honestly…not much. Some extra money should you wish to do some extra shopping – we have plenty of space for bottle on board. Also, if its looking to be a little chilly, a jacket never goes astray..it is Gippsland after all.
Cancellation & Refunds
If we must cancel a tour ( ie. covid restrictions, lack of numbers) then you will be provided with the option for a:
- Full Refund
- Full Tour Credit
- Transfer of Tour Date
If you cancel a tour, the following conditions apply:
- 15+ Days- Full Refund Provided
- 8-14 Days- Full Credit Provided
- 1-7 Days – Full Credit Provided – less $25pp admin fee
- Within 24 Hours- No Refund/Credit Provided
We reserve the right to make any necessary changes either before or on the day to the itinerary that we deem necessary to ensure both passenger safety & enjoyment, and to ensure the tour is able to proceed. This includes, but not limited to, changes required to be made due to situations out of our control and changes that need to be made due to closure or unavailability of venues.
Here is all you need to know in regards to Covid and Touring with us.
- We will do ALL we can to still travel – we want to tour, you want to tour, we all want to tour.
- If we need to cancel your tour due to Covid restrictions in place, we will offer you a FULL REFUND or the ability to select another date for travel.
- Vaccinations are currently not mandatory to board our bus, however we accept no responsibility should you be refused access from a certain location due to this.
ALL our staff are double-dosed.
- Generally private group tours are exempt from density limits on buses – if we need to restrict the number of people on our buses, we will let you know of this as early as possible, and offer you a refund/date change should this be unavoidable for you.
- Masks will be mandatory for the foreseeable future. We ask that everyone brings one with them on tour. A written exemption by a medical professional must be shown if you are not able to wear one.
- We santisie our buses after every use, and ensure that proper cleaning procedures are followedIf you have any other concerns, please just ask.
For most days we do allow this – though there will be PLENTY on the tour itself…you won’t go thirsty.
Above all, respect must be maintained at all times towards our driver, our bus, and your fellow travellers.
We do not allow glass on board.
We reserve the right at any time to order that drinks not be consumed.
Whether you are a single traveller, couple, or small group we guarantee you are going to enjoy yourself.
FOR PRIVATE GROUPS ONLY
Technically we don’t have a minimum number, we would be more than happy to provide any of our tours to a group of x2 or more.
However, our Tour prices are based on a minimum of x6 passengers.
If there were to be less than this, then we would customise the tour and price to suit you.
We are generally pretty flexible with this, and as long as our vehicle can handle the additional people, as well as our venues can handle the additional people – then the more the merrier!
We understand that when booking so far in advance that sometimes plans change for people. This is why we always try to remain as flexible and understanding as possible.
We don’t like to include any hidden fees or hidden additional charges on the day.
The price you see here is all that you need to pay.
However, a few things you might choose to bring if you wish…
- Camera – for those great photo ops (though your phone normally suffices)
- Drink Bottle – always good to stay hydrated
- Extra Money – just in case you want to buy some more drinks, or even some to take home
All we ask is that you let us know of these upon booking so we can ensure we have time to prepare.
If we, for some reason, can’t travel on the day then we will offer you a choice of the following…
- Full Refund
- Full Tour Credit
- Transfer of Tour Date
If a you cancel a tour, the following conditions apply:
- 8+ Days – Full Refund Provided
- 1-7 Days – Full Refund, less $25pp cancellation fee
- Within 24 hours of Departure – No refund.
Melbourne: Arts Centre (100 St Kilda Road)
Berwick: Berwick Springs Hotel (288-296 Clyde Rd, Berwick)
EMBARK ON YOUR JOURNEY WITH US TODAY, AND DISCOVER THE BEAUTIFUL “GOURMET GIPPSLAND”
Travel in Style
With our fleet of luxury coaches & midi buses, you know that when you are on a journey with us, it’ll be one of comfort, style, and safety.
And of course, one of fun…as each one of our buses comes paired with one of our friendly and experienced Driver-Guides!
South Gippsland Region
Situated only an hour and a bit from Melbourne, South Gippsland is fast developing a name for itself in the food and wine circles of Australia.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of the landscapes and discover how this comes to life in the wines food produced here.
One thing that’s shared and common among our community
is the feeling that Gippsland gets under your skin – and this is evident in the number of first generation winemakers making Gippsland their home and putting down roots with their businesses.
We are proud to currently be the only tour company currently providing regular Wine and Food tours into this beautiful and authentic region – we’re quite positive we won’t be the only ones for long though, as this hidden gem is fast becoming discovered.