We feel extremely blessed to be a part of the Tourism and Travel Industry.
It’s an industry that draws in passionate people, and allows these people to showcase so much good, to so many.
Whether you are meeting a new acquaintance, or chatting with an old friend – chances are the one thing that all of them will have in common is that they share a desire to travel, a need to explore, and zest for simply getting away; the heart seems to yearn for it (also seems to be a common trait or any good persons Hinge profile)
THE BIG C //
It’s no secret that over the past two years, both us in the industry, and you sitting at home, have had our access to travel, a human necessity some would argue, severely restricted due to the Big C.
I remember sitting home during the glory days of Lockdown #5 watching Into the Wild (great movie if you haven’t seen it), wanting nothing more than to just throw the swag in the ute, hit the road, and head wherever the horizon took me (5km down to the nearest coles as it was)
It was the first time in all my life I actually felt trapped – and it was a horrible feeling, as I knew I was powerless to do anything about it.
However, as the cliché goes, every cloud has a silver lining… even the darkest days will end and the sun will rise…even the bumpiest of roads lead to Disneyland (may have made that last one up).
WHERE TO FROM HERE //
I’d be foolish to say that we are back where we were pre-Big C;
– there is still uncertainty within the industry
– there is still uncertainly amongst potential travellers
– tourism, like many industries, are screaming out for workers (honestly don’t know where they’ve all gone)
– there are still QR Codes, and Vax Certificates, and Density Limits, and Masks (not that we have a problem with any of these), all great reminders of the battleground we’ve just emerged from
– and, ultimately, covid is still around, and still not to be taken lightly
However (refer back to the clichés), people are rediscovering…or merely uncovering…their love for travel once more.
The wheels on the buses are turning again, the bad jokes are back on the mics, the cameras are getting a work out, the wine is flowing, the good times are being had – and we are loving every bit of it!
With each new day, comes a greater realisation as to why we do what we do – and we are so glad you are along for the ride.